To obtain full or part-time employment as a teacher that is enriching and rewarding on an individual level and that benefits my community and others as well.
University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan
January 2014 – Present
I am currently returning to The University of Regina to complete a bachelor’s degree in Arts Education with a major in Secondary Literature and a minor in Visual Art
Western Academy of Photography, Victoria, British Columbia
September 2005- June 2006
I completed the Professional Photography Diploma program at Western Academy of Photography with a focus on commercial and advertising photography.
Awards and Recognition:
Dean’s List Faculty of Education
Recognized at the Faculty of Education Celebration of Student Success
Silver Academic Scholarship ( 2017, 2018)
Nominated for the Dr. Hellmut Lang Education Award 2017
Observational Student (Gr, 6 Jack Mackenzie School, Regina),
Pre-Internship (Gr. 6 Lakeview Elementary & Balfour Collegiate, Regina)
Earls Restaurant, Regina- Day Leader/Server
August 2006- Present
- I worked at Earls Regina for eleven years in several positions. I started as a server/bartender then moved on to the Bar Leader and my last position was the Day Leader. I most recently returned to a position as a server/bartender while I complete my degree.
- I was Day Leader for three years. As Day Leader I worked directly with the Restaurant Manager. My daily roles included managing and supervising all staff members, contacting any suppliers for product and maintenance issues and ensuring that all guests received proper service and had an excellent visit to the restaurant. On top of my daily duties, I was also responsible for the hiring and training of new staff.
- The position of day leader also allowed me to participate in many personal leadership development and training courses.
- I was also a member of the training team responsible for helping open new Earls across Canada as well as the first Earls location in the United States.
Paper Crane Community Arts Centre, Regina- Craft Instructor
September 2015- Present
- As a Craft Instructor for Paper Crane Community Arts Centre I am responsible for providing weekly arts and crafts instruction to a variety of groups of children from age 11-16 and young adults with cognitive disabilities
- Every week I am responsible for creating a craft or art lesson. Gathering or purchasing the necessary supplies and providing instruction to the group.
- I am responsible for a safe, organized and engaging environment for the one hour a week that I am with the participants
- Volunteer with Paper Crane Learning Centre Arts Program
- Assisting with Michael A. Riffel High School Drama Productions
- Team Chaperone for Michael A. Riffel Improv Team at Canadian Improv Game Nationals
- Coaching for the Regina Ultimate Flying Disc Club Junior League
Available Upon Request