2732 Broder St Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 3T7
To obtain full-time employment as a teacher that is enriching and rewarding on an individual level that benefits my community and others as well.
University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan
January 2014 – Present
• completing a bachelor’s degree in Arts Education with a major in Secondary Literature and a minor in Visual Art
Western Academy of Photography, Victoria, British Columbia
September 2005- June 2006
•Professional Photography Diploma with a focus on commercial and advertising photography.
- As part of ECS 100 course at the University of Regina I spent one day a week for 6 weeks observing a Grade 6 class at Jack Mackenzie School.
- I attended a field trip with the class and two curling lessons in addition to time at the school.
- I developed great connections with students, staff and the community during my time there.
- As part of my EAE 302 course at the University of Regina I spent one day a week for eight weeks working in a Grade 6/7 class at Lakeview Elementary School.
- I taught one lesson per day in a variety of subject areas.
- I developed my skills in lesson planning, classroom management and teaching in general.
- I established great relationships with my cooperating teacher, the students in my class, the staff and other members of the community.
Earls Restaurant, Regina- Day Leader/Server August 2006- Present
- I worked at Earls Regina South for eleven years in several positions. I started as a server/bartender then moved on to the Bar Leader and my last position was the Day Leader. I most recently returned to a position as a server/bartender while I complete my degree.
- I was Day Leader for three years. As Day Leader I worked directly with the Restaurant Manager. My daily roles included managing and supervising all staff members, contacting any suppliers for product and maintenance issues and ensuring that all guests received proper service and had an excellent visit to the restaurant. On top of my daily duties, I was also responsible for the hiring and training of new staff.
- The position of day leader also allowed me to participate in many personal leadership development and training courses.
- I was also a member of the training team responsible for helping open new Earls across Canada as well as the first Earls location in the United States.
Paper Crane Community Arts Centre, Regina- Craft Instructor
September 2015- Present
- As a Craft Instructor for Paper Crane Community Arts Centre I am responsible for providing weekly arts and crafts instruction to a variety of groups of children from age 11-16 and young adults with cognitive disabilities
- Every week I am responsible for creating a craft or art lesson. Gathering or purchasing the necessary supplies and providing instruction to the group.
- I am responsible for a safe, organized and engaging environment for the one hour a week that I am whit the children
- I am employed as an independent contractor but work directly with Ranch Ehrlo and Paper Crane staff as well as the children in the group home and alternate programing .
Volunteer with Paper Crane Learning Centre Arts Program
- volunteered once a week
- facilitated a weekly art and craft time for clients of Ranch Ehrlo’s Learning Centre- young adults between the ages of 16-25 with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- I provided clients a weekly opportunity to create art in a safe and relaxing space.
Assisting with Michael A. Riffel High School Drama Productions
- I have assisted in many ways with the Riffel High School Drama productions.
- I volunteered with recording audio, arranging the soundtrack, as well as designing and building the sets.
- I developed great relationships with students and staff at Riffel
Coaching for the Regina Ultimate Flying Disc Club Junior League
- I volunteered as a coach with Riffel High School
- I taught many new players the skills required to play ultimate as well as the rules to the game
- Regularly attended and ran practices as well coached during league play
2606 28th Ave.
Michael A Riffel Catholic High School
5757 Rochdale Blvd.
Paper Crane Community Arts Centre (Ranch Ehrlo)
1651 11th Ave